I’ve been humming the Paul Simon tune, Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover, but changing the words a little…
There must be fifty ways to eat zucchini.
Just fry it in ghee, Lee, make a stir fry, Guy
Don’t need to be fancy, Nancy, just listen to me
Pop it in lasagne, Yolanda, don’t need to be fond of it
Just put it in tea, Lee, and eat your zucchini.
Wondering how many ways we do eat zucchini, I started a list.
I got to 42 before I had to think too hard. So here we go…
- Raw sticks dipped in skordalia or your favourite veggie dip.
- As crostini: thinly sliced and topped with cheese, tapanade or olivade.
- With peas, carrots and pesto over pasta.
- In burgers.
- In enchiladas.
- Grated in a tomatoey spaghetti sauce (adds wonderful texture).
- Grated, raw, in burritos.
- In vegetable pakoras.
- In calzones.
- In cheese pasties.
- On pizza.
- Herb and parmesan-crusted.
- Zucchini bread.
- Zucchini cake.
- Chocolate zucchini cake.
- Zucchini sorbet (trust me, this is amazing!).
- In stir-fry.
- In fried rice.
- In Not Yo Mama’s Mac and Cheese.
- Stuffed with mushrooms and cheese.
- In vegetable soup.
- Zucchini and tomato tart.
- In quiche.
- Zucchini and cheese madeleines.
- Zucchini and cheese muffins.
- In roast vegetables.
- Zucchini souffle (not the best souffle–zucchini releases too much water).
- Coleslaw with zucchini.
- Oven-baked Zucchini tomato risotto.
- Sauteed with garlic and herbs.
- In summer vegetable stew.
- Panir Louki Tarkari–Paneer, zucchini and red bell peppers.
- Zucchini pickles (meh. I wouldn’t do these again).
- Mixed vegetable curry.
- Zucchini fritters.
- Zucchini cheese tart.
- In Uplifted Polenta Lasagne.
There are our 42 ways. There must be (at least) 50 ways to eat zucchini.
One thought on “50 Ways to Eat Zucchini”
Pingback: The Pumpkin Fairy | Robinne Weiss