Thanksgiving Day in the U.S.
We don’t even try to celebrate it here anymore, for obvious seasonal reasons.
Still, today, and every day, I am thankful for many things:
- An incredible, supportive partner who has stuck with me for over 25 years.
- Two really cool kids, and all the amazing teachers that have helped them grow
- A home that feeds my soul and my family
- The health to physically manage half an acre of food-producing garden
- Lovely friends
- Forty-seven years of rich experiences to give me ballast
- A world of wonders to explore
- My adopted country, where I have been so warmly welcomed
- The opportunities life has presented me
- The difficulties life has presented me
- All the little things that make me smile–fresh basil, strawberries, hedgehogs, skinks, jumping spiders, lavender…
I could go on and on. Mostly, I am thankful to have the opportunity to take this ride on rollercoaster Earth.
Enjoy your day, enjoy your ride.